Sunday 27 March 2011

Editing

I have now completely finished editing on final cut. I used many different transitions & video effects such as cross dissolve, fade out, cross zoom & dip to colour dissolve. I also used video effects such as gamma control, strobe, blur motion & decreased saturation.
The editing was a long process & took a lot of patience as sometimes certain effects wouldn't work properly. I also had to film some extra footage to put into the sequence as we filmed insufficient footage to make the sequence long enough. I also added a lot of credits to break up the footage.
The clips are very short & snappy, I did this because I wanted the sequence to be mysterious & edgy. I wanted it to create an enigma for viewers.
Once the editing was completed I needed to export it & save it as an mp4 file so I could open it in garage band to add sound. I then transferred it into garage band & started playing around with loops & the keyboard to make my own track from different types of sound. Vidur then came over & we decided on loops to use & where we should put them. I have completed quite a lot of the music now & I am going to carry on testing out different loops to add layers to the music & to make the sequence intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment